Rules of the costume contest
• The contest is a solo contest and does not include a performance. The winner will
be selected solely based on the costume.
• The day of the contest is Sunday.
• There are two categories in the contest: beginner and advanced.
• Participation in the contest includes checking in at the day of the contest, a
photoshoot, preliminary judging and appearance in the stage performance.
• The contest cannot be entered with a costume that has ranked in a contest at some
• The costume must be handmade, although minor help by friends or family with the
construction of the costume is permitted. Modified ready-made clothes may not be
used. Costumes purchased ready-made or custom-made are not permitted. In case
of any confusion, please contact email@example.com.
• Costumes based on characters from animations, comics, films, TV shows, video
games etc. other fictional material are permitted regardless of their country of origin.
The character must feature official, published art/images. In case of any confusion,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The contest must be entered in advance within the time limit listed on this webpage.
A limited number of signups are available.
• Each participant will receive a free entry ticket for the day of the contest which can
be updated into a weekend ticket for the price of 20 €. You must provide your
participant number tag at the ticket sale booth to update your ticket.
Categories for the costume contest
There are two categories in the costume contest: beginner and advanced. The contestants
are personally responsible for selecting the right category. Any false information provided
by the contestants may lead to disqualification from the contest.
The contestant must apply for the advanced category in case they meet at least two of
the following criteria:
• The contestant has ranked in an earlier competition.
• The contestant has created at least five cosplay costumes.
• The contestant has a degree in the garment industry or has other long-term,
professional experience with making clothing.
The contestant must apply for the beginner category in case they meet at least two of the
• The contestant has never entered a cosplay contest before.
• The contestant has created less than five costumes.
• The contestant does not have training in the garment industry.
However, the contestant may enter the advanced category if they wish.